Patient Ombudsman will not be offering in-person ‘walk-in’ appointments until further notice.

Our service is still available by calling our central complaints phone line at 1.888.321.0339 or access our online complaint form.

Your experience matters to us.

COVID-19 questions and information

We appreciate your patience and effort in helping our office do our part to minimize risk and prevent exposure to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) for all Ontarians.

Thank you,
Patient Ombudsman Team

Who We Oversee

graphic of what we oversee: public hospitals, long-term care homes, community care access centresPatient Ombudsman is a champion for fairness in Ontario’s health sector organizations. We oversee the province’s public hospitals, long-term care homes, home and community care services coordinated by the LHIN (formerly CCAC).


For more detailed information about Ontario’s regulatory Colleges, click here.

For help identifying the appropriate College, call us at 1-888-321-0339.


Is your complaint the subject of a proceeding (e.g. court, tribunal, commission)?

Generally, we cannot try to resolve or investigate a complaint if it is the subject of a proceeding before or under the rules of a court, a tribunal, a commission, a justice of the peace, a coroner, a committee of a College, a committee of the Board of Regents, or is currently in front of an arbitrator or a mediator. If you believe that part of your complaint pertains to matters that are not the subject of the proceeding, you can contact us and we will work with you to determine whether we can consider those aspects of your complaint.


Is your complaint about a retirement home?

Retirement homes – which are not long-term care homes -- are privately owned residences that provide rental accommodation with care and services for seniors. The Patient Ombudsman doesn’t have jurisdiction over retirement homes.

Please make your complaint directly to the retirement home or contact the Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority at 1-855-275-7472.



Was this page helpful?